Milton Newspapers

Milton Public Library had its roots in the old Mechanics Institute and Library Association starting in 1855. By today's standards the resources seem few. However, it was indeed a good library for its time. As well as a large collection of books, there was also a reading room (not a regular feature of lending libraries of the period). In addition there were regular programs, generally of a morally uplifting or educational nature.

 

The Library has evolved from having only print material to a multi-faceted collection of books, videos, music, audiobooks, microforms, online reference sources, and much more. Embracing technology has been a hallmark of the library over the last two decades. From our early start with computerized circulation, to the library you see today with many public computers, an online library catalogue, a highly evolved website, self service check in and out stations, and RFID technology.   

 

Like that early library in 1855, Milton Public Library continues to bring the members of the community together.  As we look to the growth of our community, we know we will be following a path that has been set throughout the history of the library: to meet, anticipate, and grow with the changing demands of our community.

Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit